Imagine a person walking into the desert, sun rays along with heat waves piercing his body. In the harsh and inhospitable conditions, his only desire would be to find an oasis in that desert. We experience the same when we find ourselves physically and mentally exhausted by this fast-paced and hectic modern lifestyle. And our soul seeks peace that can soothe our body, mind, and soul. ISKCON temples are the metaphor for that oasis in today’s modern world, where we find a glimmer of hope, and our soul gets connected with the supreme lord in that mesmerizing environment.
ISKCON Temples are well-known for their high-class Vaishnav Philosophy and Philanthropic works across the world. Here, we present Vedic knowledge blended with science in such a way that also impacted modern intellectuals. Apart from this ISKCON’s contribution to society through their Philanthropic activities can’t be denied.
- During the pandemic of Corona ISKCON created a world record for distributing 5 lakh meals in a day, we have distributed more than 5 crore meals during Corona time.
- Food For Life is the program of ISKCON where we daily distribute food to needy people within the 5 km circle of our temples and also in the hospital, schools, slums, etc.
- ISKCON has its youth wings for boys and girls separately where we educate and train them in Vedic education blended with modern education.
- We are protecting and promoting Vedic Culture through Preaching in big cities and villages as well, we have trained and dedicated teams working day and night for preaching.
- Book distribution is a well-known activity of ISKCON, we have our own publishing house “Bhakti Vedant Book Trust” (BBT) where we print scriptures and theological books. We also have a dedicated “Traveling Sankirtan Party” that travels from city to city and preaches through book distribution.
ISKCON Wave City
In Ghaziabad, ISKCON grew rapidly and within a few spans of years thousands of youths, and families connected with it and practiced Krishna Consciousness. Our currently running temple in Raj Nagar, Ghaziabad is inadequate to fulfill our requirements. For the sake of increasing our contribution to welfare activities in society, We are constructing a New Temple in Wave City Township at Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. Our Vision behind this is that this ISKCON WAVE CITY Temple will act as a head office for preaching in West UP, it will support other small temples and centers in their activities. This temple will be constructed in 1 acre and its foundation will have 125 pillars. Below we have mentioned few
- Temple hall with a capacity of 2500 devotees at a time.
- 4 seminar halls for conducting classes and training programs for youths with a capacity of 200 devotees each.
- 1 Auditorium for conducting cultural programs with a seating capacity of 500 people.
- 3 Mega kitchens for food distribution with a capacity of cooking 1 lakh meals.
- 1 Guest House with high-class amenities for the comfortable stay of devotees.
- 1 Govinda’s Restaurant that will serve only Pure Vegetarian Krishna Prasadam.
- This temple will have a big Library, Museum, and BBT shop for books and other items.
You can support us through donations in our project for the pleasure of Krishna and attain his immense blessings.